Donate to Congregation Beth Israel
The Jewish tradition of tzedakah, or charity, has always been considered a meaningful and appropriate way to celebrate life-cycle events, honor an outstanding individual, or memorialize a loved one, while supporting the congregation and its educational and charitable activities. We offer a variety of opportunties to tailor your donation to your personal charitable goals and priorities.
Congregation Beth Israel conducts its Annual Appeal, a major fundraising initiative, beginning each year during the High Holidays. During the High Holidays, CBI reaches out to its congregants with a simple request: Please give a donation to help the synagogue expand what it is already doing well, improve what needs to be improved and ensure that each congregant is having his or her spiritual, educational, communal and cultural needs met. Our goal is to achieve 100% participation by our membership, with the proviso that no gift is too small. And we're very proud that during 2015-2016, over 80% of our members responded with a contribution. These funds provide the resources that allow our synagogue to pay for staff training, Bet Sefer teachers needs, upgrade equipment and facilities when necessary, reach out to the greater Asheville community with our Purim and Hanukkah parties, support scholar-in-residence programs and so much more.
For members and friends of CBI who would like to direct their financial support toward a specific area, we offer a number of active donor-directed funds. While contributions to our General Fund are most appreciated, we gratefully accept donations designated for any of the following funds:
- Adult Education Fund: Supports CBI's various Adult Education programs
- Spiritual Life Fund: Supports our Spiritual Life programs, including the Minyan Club
- Cantorial Fund: Secures funding for the High Holiday cantor
- Memorial Plaque Fund: Supports maintenance of the memorial plaques
- Social Action/Tzedakah Fund: Funds CBI's social action and charitable projects
- Chesed Fund: Supports the Bereavement Committee and other chesed-related activities
- Ted Liebowitz Children's Educational Fund: Provides scholarships for Bet Sefer students and defrays other Bet Sefer expenses
- Toby Cohen Minyan Katan and Junior Congregation Fund
- Family Education Fund
- Shorashim Teen Program Fund
- Website/Computer Technology Fund
- Cemetery Committee Fund: Supports maintenance of CBI's Lou Pollack Cemetery
- Chevra Kadisha Fund: Supports the efforts of those who prepare the bodies of the departed for Jewish burial
Paying your pledge or making a donation just got even easier! We are now offering convenient Web Check payments. Click here for all the details.