Join us on the last Sunday of the month at Habitat Tavern and Commons for a refreshing and often provocative discussion over a pint (or two) of great brew. Each month, we take on a new topic – often ripped from the headlines of today’s news. We spend the first 45 minutes wrapping our arms around it, defining it, dissecting and analyzing it from various viewpoints. Then we spend the rest of the time discussing it from Judaism’s point of view.
- What’s Judaism’s take on universal healthcare?
- Would Moses walk the streets of Chicago today packing heat?
- Is it okay to punch a white supremacist?
- Developing a practice of gratitude
- Gender identity and Juadaism
Torah on Tap gives us a chance to learn, vent, share and, most of all, understand what 4,000 years of cultural development, debate and dialogue has to say about some of the issues that confront us today. Torah on Tap is free and open to all. Varying viewpoints are not only welcome, but encouraged.